The “most psychic” times of day are often referred to as power times, power hours, or chime hours. You may wish to plan activities or rituals around these times according to your intentions, or advise others to do so.
For professional intuitives, these designations can be helpful in discerning additional meanings, or the context of other symbols and information, for your clients during readings.
The chime hours — 3 a.m., 6 a.m., 9 a.m., 12 p.m., 3 p.m., 6 p.m., 9 p.m., 12 a.m. — were named during the period in human history when most people lived in villages, and the daily passing of time was measured by the chiming of the bell tower in the church at a town’s center.
Chime hours were believed to be magical, with each hour carrying a special force, energy, or topical focus.
- 3 a.m. — Communication with the spirits of ancestors, the inherited wisdom of elders, peace, deep sleep, and prayer.*
- 6 a.m. — Initiation, beginnings, launching of projects, fertility (of both human beings, ideas, and ventures)
- 9 a.m. — Inspiration, productivity, intellectual thought, divine guidance, and money-making ideas
- 12 p.m. — Career, employee relations, overcoming seemingly challenging odds
- 3 p.m. — Change, physical movement, relocation, and travel
- 6 p.m. — Family, children, marriage, and partnerships
- 9 p.m. — Love, friendship, storytelling, and learning
- 12 a.m. — Healing, resolving arguments, forgiveness, and psychic rejuvenation
The Monk’s Hours
*3 am – 5 am are also known as the monk’s hours. Pay special attention to any ideas, insights, or symbols that come to you at this time.
You may wake suddenly from a dream with answers or solutions, and not feel like rolling over and going back to sleep. The best thing you can do when this happens is grab a notebook (laptop, diary, smartphone, tablet — whatever you prefer) and do some journaling or automatic writing.
GENERAL SOLAR PEAK TIMES
- Dawn — prayers, rituals, and setting intentions regarding new beginnings, change, inspiration, and attracting psychic energies.
- Noon — optimal time for taking actions, claiming power, ensuring success.
- Dusk — love, healing, detaching and banishing psychic energies.
Image credit Alan Cheaver via Creative Commons on Flickr